Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Remineralizing Toothpowder Recipe


4 TBSP Bentonite Clay (can purchase on Amazon)
3 TBSP Calcium Magnesium Powder (can purchase on Amazon)
1 TBSP Baking Soda
1 TBSP Cinnamon Powder
1 tsp Cloves Powder
10-15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil (can purchase from doTERRA)
10-15 drops On Guard Essential Oil (can purchase from doTERRA)
5-10 drops Melaleuca (tea tree) Essential Oil (can purchase from doTERRA)

A good friend of mine sent me this recipe for remineralizing tooth powder and I love it! I tweaked the recipe a little and I think my teeth are healthier and cleaner than ever. I dip my toothbrush in the powder and start brushing. Warning: It can be messy, so be careful while brushing to not get it on your clothes. My kids say it looks like dirt, but they have gotten used to it. Each member of my family has their own small container. A little powder can go a long way.

Bentonite clay binds out and draws out heavy metals and toxins, and is also alkaline and full of minerals. The calcium magnesium powder provides extra calcium and magnesium to provide minerals and whiten. Cloves powder is naturally antibacterial and adds taste, you can even substitute by using clove essential oil instead. Cinnamon is also antibacterial, tastes great and helps discourage bacterial growth in the mouth. Peppermint essential oil freshens breath and can inhibit the form of plaque. On Guard kills bacteria and provides immune support. Melaleuca provides strong antibacterial activity against oral bacteria. All three oils can help combat cavities.

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

To learn more, here is a link to the blog of the woman who created the recipe.
http://wellnessmama.com/5252/remineralizing-tooth-powder/


No comments:

Post a Comment