Thursday, April 11, 2013

Food Poisoning


Last week I had food poisoning...not fun! When I went to bed that night my stomach was a little upset, but when I woke up a while later I was in pain! It felt like my stomach was churning and in knots, and I knew it wouldn't be long before I started throwing up. Unfortunately I have had food poisoning several times so I knew what was happening.

I rolled out of bed and grabbed a bottle of peppermint essential oil and rubbed it on my stomach. I then remembered that I just got a bottle of DigestZen a few weeks ago when I joined doTERRA. DigestZen is an essential oil blend that contains ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander, and anise. I rubbed DigestZen on my stomach and then put a drop on my tongue and drank some water and laid down. Within minutes I felt my stomach start to calm and was able to fall back asleep. I woke up a few hours later with with no pain. In the morning I woke up feeling well and ingested another drop of DigestZen with some water for added benefit. I was so happy it helped me feel better. Considering how many times I have had food poisoning, it was like a miracle to me that my stomach felt better so quickly!

Essential oils are highly anti-bacterial and are very effective against all bacterial strains. Here are some oils and blends that help with food poisoning:

DigestZen blend (ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander, and anise)
Peppermint
Ginger
Patchouli
Rosemary cineol
Tarragon 

A few drops can be applied to feet, stomach area, in a vegetable capsule, or in a glass of water or juice.

To buy DigestZen, go to www.mydoterra.com/samtaggart

No comments:

Post a Comment